The Blog

Weekend Fun & Weekday Anticipations

Hey guys! Tuesday is upon us…here’s to a great rest of the week! And if you’re looking for a great core workout today, look no further than over onΒ Lindsay’s blog for today’s Tuesday Trainer edition of core work. I was unable to get my act together to post a video, but there’s plenty of good ones to choose from there from lots of wonderful women! Check it out and strengthen that core!

NewImage

Thanks to those of you who commented and tweeted about my Zensah leg sleeves post – I loved sharing my thoughts with you! I wore my sleeves AGAIN today for a good workout – my calves needed the extra support and I was happy to give them a little snug hug in my Carolina blue babies. πŸ˜‰

Saturday morning after my favorite weekend clients, I headed out to the mall to meet my fellow personal trainers from work for a little shopping spree! Our uniforms are lululemon tops and black pants/capris and every now and then Fifth Avenue Club gives us some money towards clothes (helpful and so generous!). So we got a few work-related clothes and then I picked up this new workout top too…I love it! A fun, cute tank top that I feel great in, and I think it’s wonderful to feel great before, during, and after a workout. lulu’s clothes are expensive, but the quality of the material and the fit is worth it for a few items!

20120415 213518

Later Saturday we headed to our friend’s Craig and Mandi’s house for an evening of hanging out. We had a great, healthy meal and the proceeded to go buy gummies and cookie dough for a movie at their place – gotta cave to the goods every now and then when it’s movie time! πŸ˜‰

20120415 2135181

IMG 20120414 01701

You know it!

We didn’t want to leave their house (and are currently in the midst of planning for a sleepover some weekend soon! πŸ˜‰ ) but had to head home to get up early Sunday morning for a Survive & Thrive Expeditions ski day at Lake Louise! A group of young adult cancer survivors and supporters met at Wellspring in Calgary and bussed up to the hill for a gorgeous, fun day of spring skiing. A special thanks to Peter Anderson, a survivor and incredible skier who just started chemo again for his brain tour the day after our event, for organizing the event! Thanks also to the incredible team of ski instructors who volunteered their day to ski with us, our friends Ryan & Elisa (and their adorable baby Bryce) who helped volunteer, and to Lake Louise for the tickets and rentals! What a great, inspiring day.

20120415 2135182

Monday was a great day at work: 2 at-home clients then to the gym for the afternoon/early evening and then three of my favorite girls to train at night before heading home for an 8 pm dinner. LATE for me! But the new(ish) norm around here. Thankful for work, the ability to help motivate and encourage, a good team to work with, and a chance to workout at work! #noexcuses Today it was all about a quick & effective workout: intervals on the treadmill and core work on the mat (first round speed, second round inclines, third round speed). It was great! Left me sweaty and d.o.n.e.

IMG 20120416 01705

Funky outfit cred goes to: lululemon (on top), my NorthFace running shorts, Zensah leg sleeves, & New Balance shoes. πŸ˜€

Looking forward to some full days of work, good people interaction, celebrating the 10+ year members at a party with work later this week, and a few times with friends interspersed throughout the days.

IMG 20120413 01664

Hopefully more workouts that leave me like this after they’re done:

IMG 20120414 01689

From a weekend Tabata workout Saturday: cardio & core, 20 sec on, 10 sec off for 16 total minutes of different moves! I.love.to.move.

What are you looking forward to this week?

Any good workouts planned?

And most importantly, if you could have ANY snack during a movie, what would it be? For me it’s all about licorice/Nibs/Wine Gums…I love the gummies. πŸ™‚

Have a great Tuesday and I’ll connect with you guys soon! Live well & be well,

Bonnie

facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinrssyoutubeby feather
Comments ( 0 )
  • Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table says:

I have never heard to wine gums.. but they sure sound good! My favorite movie snack: popcorn with M&Ms in it. The chocolate gets all melty inside the coating from the heat of the popcorn… soooo good!

Have a great week! πŸ™‚

• Coco says:

Looks like you had a productive weekend for sure! I am in LOVE with that top.. I wanted to get one for myself when I first saw it a couple weeks back- but I can’t swing it right now.. but I’m hoping soon! So cool that they are so generous πŸ™‚

• Jen @nutcaseinpoint says:

Bad snack: Hot Tamales
    Good snack: grapes

(lots of good workouts this week!! Move I the week: burpees!)

• Bon says:

Bad and good snacks – loving it! I’m with you on both, Jen. And way to rock those burpees – one of the best total body, heart rate pumping moves out there!

• Jen @nutcaseinpoint says:

Of*

• Miz says:

(gummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmies and sour patch kids here :))

I have to say again how freakin cute you are.
    I wanna go to lulu with youyou tootoo.

• Lindsay @ Lindsay's List says:

That top looks AMAZING on you! There’s a Lulu in Boulder that I’ve been saving up for!! Never been before.

• Bon says:

What a great compliment – thanks, Linds! πŸ˜€ Yes – save up, don’t be appalled at the price (expect it!), bite the bullet and enjoy 2 or 3 items from lulu – worth the money even if hard to spend!

• Heather @ Better With Veggies says:

I love that shirt – I was eyeing it online recently, I think someone else recently posted about it too. Their stuff is so expensive, but I really want to give it a try based on all the positive reviews I’ve been reading! I love Kale Chips when I’m at home watching a movie or the traditional popcorn when I’m out. πŸ™‚

• Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner says:

LOVE the new shirt, Bonnie! It looks fantastic on you too! I have to buy anything at lululemon… maybe some day.
    My choice of snack during a movie depends on what I’m craving at the time but I would probably either choose, chips (for something salty) or wine gums or mike and ike’s for something chewy.

• Bon says:

Thanks for the kind note, Sabrina! It’s worth the money for one or two pieces from there…but hard to drop! I’m with you there. And let’s eat wine gums AND mike and ike’s together at a movie! πŸ˜€

• Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner says:

oops… I meant to write, I have YET to buy…..

• Tamara says:

Cute new Lulu top. I haven’t seen that one yet (and I thought I’d seen them all!). They are expensive, but you know, I still have shorts, tights and tanks I purchased 10 years ago. They’ve been washed a ton, haven’t pilled or lost their elastic and don’t even stink! Definitely worth the expense.
    Fav movie treat? Gotta be red licorice (fat free! LOL!)

• Bon says:

Hey thanks, Tamara! You’re right – they are worth the money (although so hard to drop it initially! Wish I lived near an outlet – nothing’s ever on sale in Calgary!). Love your movie treat – we’d be good movie goers w/our red licorice together. πŸ˜‰

• Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health says:

I WANT that top from lululemon that you’re wearing! I don’t have any clothes from them because of the price, but I think maybe splurging on an item would be nice ;).

• Bon says:

Definitely a splurge, but definitely worth the money! This was the first thing I’ve bought for “me” and not for “work” and I’m loving it! πŸ˜€

• STUFT Mama says:

Love the top. πŸ™‚ so glad you’re adjusting to your new schedule. πŸ™‚ this week is hopefully FINALLY calming down a bit. πŸ™‚ I need to get my head on straight.

• Meg says:

you make me smile girl πŸ™‚ so happy I found your blog πŸ™‚ <3

I have the no limits tank too πŸ™‚ two of them actually πŸ˜‰ aren't they wonderful!? I just had to say that your arms looks FABULOUS πŸ™‚