1. I’m kind of wishing I was back here, in Las Vegas, enjoying the spa all to ourselves (thank you, Groupon for the free entry!):
…getting special Oreos stuck in my teeth late at night,
…exploring new places with beautiful colors at night:
After a gorgeous spring run yesterday, the weather has taken quite a turn today:
2. Piggy-backing on the above point (did I just use that phrase?!), I had an awesome run yesterday! The weather was beautiful, it was my first outdoor run in a few weeks (surprisingly! I really took a break from running besides intervals inside on the treadmill), and I was trying out some new gear. Talk about excitement:
Not only was it a great run, but testing out my new compression leg sleeves from Zensah was a blast! I’m looking forward to finishing up my video to share my full thoughts with you, but how can you not feel cool in the Carolina Blue, calf-hugging, seamless sleeves?! 😉 It was the perfect day to try them out over almost-6 miles and I’m going to give them one more go with my Vibrams to see how my calves feel before sharing my full thoughts. Hooray for running gear and great runs (especially after a string of rough runs)!
3. Speaking of Vibrams, I had a great workout in mine today and wanted to share a new challenge with you! Here’s what I did today:
The workout is our gym’s workout of the month at 5th Avenue Club, so I finally got the nerve to give it a go! My final time? 21.14 minutes. I KNOW I can beat it…I’ll have to try it again this month! It’s a tough workout and I took my time with the pull ups, which made for a longer time overall. I’m sure I could have sprinted harder too, but my goal time was around 20 minutes so I was pretty close! It was a great workout and afterward I supplemented with a fun tabata based loosely on Zuzana‘s recent ZWOD:
I loved it! Check out her video (linked above) for the right and left leg balance burn and bunny hop move, and click here for the (kneeling) stability ball roll-out move. Let me know if you give it a go for a 16 minute burn!
4. I’ve been loving Luna Bars for their quick, on-the-go, real food goodness post-workouts and in between clients as a fast snack. Do you have a go-to snack that comes from a package? My general rule is to eat as little as possible that has to be opened, but if it’s ingredients I can pronounce and a company I can trust, I’m okay with it occasionally.
5. I read this quote today while commuting on the train to work and wanted to share it with you from A.W. Tozer:
“The impulse to pursue God originates with God, but the outworking of that impulse is our following hard after Him; and all the time we are pursuing Him we are already in His hand: ‘Your right hand upholds me.’ ” (Psalm 63:8).
I love the idea of following hard after God – not being complacent but going for it with all I have. Lately I’ve been trying to balance so much (for my life; I know many others are busier than me!) and my time spent with God has been struggling. If I say and want this relationship to be the most important in my life, I need to live that out and follow HARD after Jesus. And all along I’m being upheld by Him anyway, so it’s not all in my hands but I’m safe in His. Just wanted to share a quote that got me going today. 😉
So…give me 5 things going on for you these days! Up to anything fun this weekend? I’m meeting with my friend Jacque to catch up on life tomorrow after work, staying in Friday with Mikey, and going to LuLuLemon Saturday with the other trainers for a new round of our uniforms before going to lunch together. Looking forward to it! More fun to come, but I’ll share that later. 😀 Have a great weekend and let me know what’s new with you; I love to hear from you guys!
Live well & be well,